Monday, February 3, 2014

Team Greatness releases Gas Masks & Teddy Bears

Finally after a long awaited hiatus Team Greatness releases Gas Masks & Teddy Bears from NC Underground artist Stranga The Great. After years of doing mixtapes with several DJ's and performing at different functions Greatness puts his latest project out on his website exclusively for the supporters to check out first. When asked what the concept behind the album was Stranga said, "This album represents the versatility that I stand for as an underground artist. The gas masks phase is to describe the gritty and aggressive nature of my flow but I'm not all grimey all the time so there comes the teddy bears to calm you down and keep things settle. I am multifaceted so I like to make songs that reflect who I am as a person. Most underground rappers don't make soft music because they think it will hurt their image and take away from the lyrical side of them. I can make mainstream music but it's not something I do on a regular basis but when I do I believe I can go with the best of them. I have my own style and I don't want to sound too much like anybody else so what I offer is a mixture of underground and mainstream." There are shades of red all over this album with tracks like "Bonkers" where Stranga can be heard screaming "The game needs cleansing, I'm the bleach in that water- with a flow that's doper than Alpo and Rich Porter". Things continue to escalate on the lead street single "Can You Feel It" which boast a soundtrack from producer KZR Beats and has Stranga spitting about the feeling you get when hip hop is at it's purest form. Not to be left out there is even a song for the ladies in the form of "Changing My Status" which is a break up song that will have people switching from in a relationship to single on their social network profiles. The song that envokes the most emotion on this album has to be "I'll Carry You" which features the soulful vocals of MarShell and more production from KZR Beats. I'll Carry You tells the stories of youth growing up and being struck with the worst of circumstances in life causing them to do drastic things to survive. All in all this is a pretty solid project and we are sure that Stranga The Great should be able to get his message across to his fanbase and see good success with Gas Masks & Teddy Bears.

Check out the free stream of "Gas Masks & Teddy Bears"
 http://www.strangathegreat.net/




No comments:

Post a Comment