Friday, January 3, 2014

Hottie of the Week: Jayda Starr

Print Shortlink

Hottie of the Week: Jayda Starr

Jayda StarrBy Stranga The Great
Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer
With a New Year brings a new and fresh perspective on life and a new outlook on old situations. Often, people start their New Years with much promise and this is the plan at Hip Hop Vibe. The New Year, here, brings about a new lady to sit down and allow us into her world, thank you Jayda Starr.
Published in a number of urban magazines, Jayda Starr is a fixture in the entertainment landscape and she’s come a long way. Starting out as a dancer, initially Jayda Starr was tempted by the money. Of course, money is always a winning factor, but there is so much more to it now.
Jayda Starr explained in her interview that she has always had a vision of going far in her profession. She detailed how she landed some of her bigger magazine features and she also offered a glimpse into her world. As she continues to progress with her career, Jayda Starr keeps her head on straight, so the business is always correct.
Read the entire interview below:
Describe what it’s like to be Jayda Starr? Being me is pretty good, I wouldn’t want to be anyone else. I think I’ve got the “me” thing pretty down pat! Sometimes it has it’s challenges when you’re a model who’s in demand, you’re stretched in a million different ways. You’re always doing so many things.
You started out an exotic dancer. Do you have to put on a game face when your getting all that sexual attention? Definitely have to keep the poker face on! People get lost in the pretty looks, but you have to remain in control at all times in any situation because of it. Basically, the pretty and aloof thing won’t work out too well.
How long have you been a dancer and what led to you making that decision?I’ve been a dancer for six years now. I’m what you call a vet in the strip game. I started dancing around the age of 19, the money is the attraction. Being able to provide for yourself and be in control of your own finances. You can best believe it’s a lot of income.
What is it like working with Kay Slay at Straight Stuntin magazine? I met Kay slay at the 2012 Urban Model Awards in DC. At the time, I wasn’t published in anything big yet. I just decided to balls to the wall it and see what connects I could make. Straight Stuntin was a major publishing opportunity for me, people still know me from the issue I was in. Slay is a cool dude and I’m grateful I had the chance to be in the mag.
Seeing how you get a lot of attention from the urban street publications do you prefer thugs or more sensitive men? Well, I wish there was such thing as both in one person! Open the door and smack your ass when you walk in.
Have you or would you consider dating a rapper or an athlete and if so who would make the cut? I’m not sure about that. There’s so many challenges that come with dating someone famous and so busy. I’d honestly date an athlete before I date a rapper.
What upcoming projects do you have in the works for 2014? Well 2014 is a big year for me, I’m launching my website, iheartjaydastarr.com, with an exclusive iCANDY video not seen by anyone! Plus I’ll be on the move with my seven city tour.
What’s the craziest thing you’ve been asked to do as far as modeling? I was at a shoot in Atlanta for the cover of Fyne Girls Mag and Stunnaz Inked with photographer, Shawn Darnell, and he asked me to shoot on the balcony on the 22nd floor! I’m crazy afraid of heights, so it was a challenge. Plus it was very cold around that time.
Bubble baths or showers? Epson salt bubble bath!
Lap dancing or twerking? I’ll take twerking over the lap dancing. Seems like you can burn more calories.
What’s that one song that when it’s played it makes you wanna get freaky? Play anything Keith Sweat, I love old school R&B. There’s a song for whatever mood you may be in.
How can we find you on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook? You can find me on Twitter @jayda_starr, on Instagram @jayda_starr, Facebook is Jaydastarrpromopage, and starting the New Year, you can find everything me on iheartjaydastarr.com
See additional photos of Jayda Starr below:
Jayda Starr 2Jayda Starr 3
Follow Stranga The Great on Twitter @StrangaTheGreat.
Be Sociable, Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment