Thursday, November 21, 2013

HHV Exclusive: Suzette James talks industry work, Rick Ross’ “No Games” video, Drake’s “HYFR” video, and more

By Stranga The Great
Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer
So much more goes into hip hop than what people realize. They listen to the music and they watch the videos, mostly enjoying what they see. But, it takes a lot to get so many people in one room to do one thing and it takes a special type of person to be willing to do it, someone like Suzette James.
Anyone who has had the chance to watch a video from Rick Ross and Maybach Music may have seen Suzette James. She has appeared in several videos from both the MMG camp and also Cash Money Records. But, Suzette James is also a burgeoning actress and her career in that field is beginning to take flight.
This week, Hip Hop Vibe decided to do something different for the Hottie of the Week section and speak with a veteran in the game who is making her mark. Suzette James is a rising force and she has appeared in a few films in the past. She explained to Hip Hop Vibe how she is making her presence be noticed in the industry.
Read the entire interview below:
Your resume pretty much speaks for itself, but can you explain what led you to join the industry? Well, I’ve been in the industry ever since I was a little girl. I always tried to be the center of attention growing up and LOVED being in front of the camera! So, instantly, my mom put me into Barbizon Modeling School in New York City. From there, I found my passion and was fortunate enough to be apart of the biggest movie sets and commercials, like Nickelodeon and Disney.
In a previous interview, you said you one day hope to have your own television show or network, is it safe to say you’re inspired by Oprah Winfrey? Most definitely! She is such an inspiration! Oprah is a voice to all generations and someone everyone can connect to. She’s an African-American woman who overcame all obstacles to get to where she is today. I strive and hope one day to reach her plateau.
Of course, you have the entertainment game on lock, but do you see yourself working in the industry as a manager or something along those lines? I think, thus far, I’ve gained knowledge and have a bit of an idea how the entertainment industry runs, so I definitely would love to manage and help others within the field. I manage myself and have gotten to where I am today through networking and never giving up. The opportunities are endless and accessibly available! Through this, I would love to pass on what I’ve learned later in the future.
Because of your ambitions, are there limits to the things you will do in music videos or do you receive seniority because of your resume`? Before going on set, someone from production will inform me of what role I’ll be playing in the video. I usually read the treatment when I get on set to get an idea of my role and the director usually goes over in depth about what I’ll be doing. I do have my limits as to what I feel comfortable doing, but never have been in such position to question the situation.
Recently, you appeared in Rick Ross’ “No Games” music video with Future and you have appeared in several MMG videos in the past, do you have an ongoing relationship with that camp? Luck of all trades (laughs). I’ve just been fortunate enough to work with MMG on a few projects. I love their songs and the energy they bring to set, so it’s always a pleasure working with them.
In the past, you also did videos with YMCMB, such as Drake’s “HYFR,” was that shoot as fun as it looked? Too much fun! That set was so turnt up (laughs).l I mean they had a very diverse group of people involved in this particular shoot, age ranging from 5-80 year olds. The funniest part was seeing the elderly jamming to “HYFR.” Wayne turned it to an extreme notch after slamming his skateboard and breaking a table in one scene after that. It turned into a full party.
Since you are an actress and you have done cameos in major movies, do you take offense when people only look at your video work? No, I don’t at all. I can’t control what people think or judge me by. I’m a very ambitious person and my goals are set high! Yes, I’ve done a lot of video work, but I wouldn’t be where I am today if it weren’t for videos. I’ve used it as a stepping stone to get to the next level of my career. Since I’ve been involved in the entertainment industry, I’m ready to use what I learned and pursue tv hosting with entertainment news.
You have definitely been busy with your work on several projects, but will we be seeing you on anything else coming up soon? I have my hands in about just everything, so you may see me anywhere. Stay updated on my websitewww.SuzetteJames.com.
With the year of 2013 coming to a close, do you feel as if you have accomplished the goals you set for yourself? I set my standards high, so I definitely haven’t accomplished all my goals. For the year of 2013, I’ve been very productive, but still haven’t fulfilled my dream and I plan on not giving up, until I reach the top. I’m ready for a new year! 2014 will be filled of new challenges and successes.
Where can we find you on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram? Stay updated through my website www.SuzetteJames.com. Facebook is Suzette James for my fan pageor my personal page. Twitter is @SuzetteJames and Instagram is @Suzette_James.
See additional photos of Suzette James below:
Suzette James 2Suzette James 3
Follow Stranga The Great on Twitter @StrangaTheGreat.


http://www.hip-hopvibe.com/2013/11/07/hhv-exclusive-suzette-james-talks-industry-work-rick-ross-no-games-video-drakes-hyfr-video-and-more/

No comments:

Post a Comment