Thursday, December 19, 2013

Hottie of the Week: Blu Gem

Print Shortlink

Hottie of the Week: Blu Gem

Blu GemBy Stranga The Great
Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer
What is often an underlying subject throughout school is self-esteem and people being themselves. People are always looking for acceptance, deep down, and there are some who are individuals. One of the biggest rising models in the game is an individual, Blu Gem.
She is a rising video vixen and she has appeared in music videos from Jadakiss and many others. More recently, Blu Gem appeared in Wale’s “Clappers” music video with Juicy J and Nicki Minaj. Other than that, Blu Gem has also appeared in several magazines.
In Hip Hop Vibe’s latest Hottie of the Week feature, Blu Gem talked to us about her career and her lifestyle. As 2013 is coming to a close, Blu Gem plans to leave a lasting impression on the game. With 2014 looming, Blu Gem intends for there to be many more people paying attention to her and her movement.
Read the entire interview below:
What was your first experience as a model? My first official experience as a model would have to be when I did a video for Jadakiss featuring Teyanna Taylor, “Rock With Me.”
It takes somebody pretty adventurous to rock blue hair so how adventurous are you? I like to think that I am a pretty adventurous person, but very cautious at the same time. It depends.
What was it like working with Wale on the “Clappers” video? The “Clappers” video, I have to say, was a video that I worked the hardest on. I was working with one of the best video music directors in Benny Boom and I wanted to make sure that I made a good impression, which I did. He was very pleased with my work and definitely made it his business to tell me, so that was cool. It was fun and Wale is a good dude, real down to earth.
Speaking of “Clappers” would we ever see a video of Blu Gem twerking on Instagram? I’ve considered doing a twerk video all in fun fully clothed, but you would never catch me doing that in a thong or anything like that. That’s just too much for me, (laughs) I’d rather save that for my man (smiles).
I read that your also into acting so can you tell us about any upcoming roles you have? Well, I shot a pilot for a series called “The Point” that they’re pitching to HBO and a couple of other networks. It’s very reminiscent of “The Wire.” I have a recurring role in the series. I play a bottom bitch to one of the main characters and I’m excited about it because it’s something different for me.
Can you tell us a little bit about House Of Gem and how it got started? The House of Gem was basically one of many dreams I had of opening up my own boutique. I started out wanting to do a line of catsuits because at the time I loved catsuits and you couldn’t really find dope ones out there. Unfortunately, by the time I was close to finishing the project, catsuits had become such a big fad and so overrated that I ended up scratching that idea and started designing catsuits, sets and dresses. Currently, The House of Gem is under construction though. I’m changing the name to Blu Gem Colleccions to further brand my name.
What was the highlight of your career and what goals do you have left to accomplish? The highlight of my career was probably starting my own clothing line and going to the VMAs. I had my first real red carpet moment this year which was a pretty dope experience. Shout out to legendary Director X. As far as the goals I want to accomplish, I want it all baby! I have a long way to go because I’m never content where I’m at. I’m the type to keep striving for success but what I am working on right now is my music career. I will be dropping my first EP titled Hidden Gem at the top of 2014. I’m really excited about this new venture.
If you had to describe yourself as a dessert what would you be and why? If I had to describe myself as a dessert, I would probably be a Mango. Besides the fact that it’s one of my favorite fruits, a mango takes a lil while to ripen. I put my mangos in the dark in order for it to ripen quickly and once it’s spent enough time in the dark it becomes so sweet and deliciously juicy. I think it kinda describes my life a bit. Every dark moment I’ve ever had in my life has always turned out to become some of the most magical and pivotal moments in my career and life in general. I’ve learned to welcome and embrace the hardships in my life, because I always know that something far greater is just around the bend.
How can we see more from you on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram? You guys can follow me on Twitter and Instagram @Blu_Gem_ also look out for my upcoming EPHidden Gem dropping soon, my new clothing line Blu Gem Coleccions, and also check out my line of luscious lip paints at amorencosmetics.com. Thank you to all of my supporters, and you guys for this interview.
See additional photos of Blu Gem below:
Blu Gem 2Blu Gem 3
Follow Stranga The Great on Twitter @StrangaTheGreat.
Be Sociable, Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment