Saturday, December 14, 2013

Hottie of the Week: Melanie Lopez

Print Shortlink

Hottie of the Week: Melanie Lopez

Melanie LopezBy Stranga The Great
Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer
A couple of weeks ago, Hip Hop Vibe doubled it up for Thanksgiving, but it seems like the ball was dropped last week. Hey, things happen, but it’s always a good thing when everything is back on track. Dating back to the days of ancient Rome, beautiful women have been spotlighted, whether it be in paintings or at shows.
Quite a bit has changed since the ancient Roman era, but the basics are still the same time, beauty and fine art are still appreciated. This is where Melanie Lopez comes into play, as she is a hard-working woman who is doing a lot. She has done a few music videos and appeared in several popular urban publications.
This week, Melanie Lopez is talking to Hip Hop Vibe about her story. Melanie Lopez has major goals she has set for herself and she is willing to do what it takes to meet them. She has been around modeling since she was a child and has considered herself a serious model for five years.
Read the entire interview below:
You are very beautiful and have an exotic look, what is your ethnicity? Thank you. I get my exotic look with a beautiful mix of Puerto Rican, French, Irish, English and Indian.
Tell us how you got your start in modeling and how long you have been doing it? I started modeling very young. My grandmother always put me into beauty pageants as a kid. I got discovered by a model agency when I was in high school and there, I began to get noticed by photographers. I've been modeling a little over six years.
Do you prefer fashion modeling over urban modeling? I've done urban modeling, but prefer fashion modeling.
What is a typical day in the life of Melanie Lopez like? The typical day of my life is I do work a regular nine to five as a bank teller. After work, I like to go to the gym. I also like to spend time with my friends and family.
What type of advice would you have for somebody trying to get their start in this business? Have a loyal team. Team work makes the dream work. Be positive its not always going to be easy. Hard work pays off.
Do you have aspirations and goals outside of modeling? I would love to one day have my own clothing line.
What models and photographers do you look to for inspiration? There are so many beautiful models that inspire me, but one model I always looked up to is Tyra Banks. She is a strong and beautiful business woman. Tyra opened a lot of doors for all of us ethnic models. As far as photographers, there are too many to name with amazing work. They always inspire me everyday and motivate me to keep moving forward.
Which one of your features do you get complimented on the most? My face. People are always curious of my nationality because I have such an exotic look. Oh, and can’t forget about the million dollar smile (Smiles).
what would your perfect date with you consist of? I’m an old fashion type of girl. I love going to the movies. Dinner with a view facing the ocean and a movie after.
Can you tell us how to contact you on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram? My Twitter and Instagram are both @melanielopez_. Facebook is Model Melanie Lopez.
See additional photos of Melanie Lopez below:
Melanie Lopez 2Melanie Lopez 3
Follow Stranga The Great on Twitter @StrangaTheGreat.
Be Sociable, Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment