Monday, December 9, 2013

Stranga The Great – Crime Scene Ugly


Stranga The Great 250x333 Stranga The Great   Crime Scene Ugly
Check out the new song from Stranga The Great – Crime Scene Ugly

Exclusive Interview

Tell us about where you are from and how you got to this position today.
I currently live in Fayetteville N.C. I've been grinding for quite some time now, its been a long interesting road for me. I’ve worked with a couple underground legends, done some shows in a few states, and had courtships with a couple major labels. I still have a long way to go, but this year has a good feel to it.
Tell us more about the current song you are promoting to everyone.
One of my favorite producers Built Ford Tough had blessed me with over 10 joints and while vibing to them I came across some straight concrete jungle action. When I heard the beat I just went in on it and started reaching into my bag of ugly. I wanted to bring back that nostalgic feel you used to get in the mid to late 90′s underground. I feel artists nowadays are afraid to be grimy when they spit, but I’m known for it and I embrace it religiously. I wanted the listeners to feel like they were in front of a bloody crime scene and they could actually feel what happened to the victim which is the competition.
Tell us about one of the hardest challenges you had to face in the industry?
The hardest challenge for me is to get major exposure and respect from industry types. As an indie artist it seems that hardly anyone wants to help you get anywhere for free so they all make money off the artist. I don’t have any label backing me so my entire budget comes from me grinding solo and do what I have to do get that promo money.
What was one of the biggest set backs in your career and how did you bounce back?
I have had a lot of set backs, but one that stands out the most to me is being part of a squad that you are used to making moves with and then branching away and strictly becoming solo. Once becoming my own entity I had to learn how to be my own producer, engineer, promoter, manager, and hype-man, etc. Though it was hard starting over by myself, I was forced to learn the game and ever since I've accomplished way more than I did when I was a part of the unit.
What are some things artists need to be careful of?
I would say artists need to be careful of individuals who don’t have their best interest at hand. You have to pick, choose, and be very selective of who you deal with when trusting your material and your money. Everybody is out for their own personal gain it seems.
What suggestions do you have for other artists like yourself?
The biggest suggestions I have is learn as much about your craft and the business as you can. Create as much buzz as you can whether it be by internet or on the streets. The industry doesn't know you exist unless your accessible to them.
What is one of your favorite ways to promote yourself and your music?
I promote myself by grassroots networking. I like to gain relationships with people whom I can absorb information from. I want to network with other artist who have done more than I have that way they have insight that can be helpful to me and we can swap resources. My social networking has been a huge blessing. Once I learned how to Google I had access to all the information I needed as far as promotion goes.
Where can people visit you?
Strangathegreat@gmail.com
Twitter: @strangathegreat
If all else fails just Google a brother, I’m out chea.

WRITE A COMMENT!


This entry was postedonThursday, April 5th, 2012at9:17 am and is filed underFeaturedIndie Focus .You can follow any responses to this entry through theRSS 2.0feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed. 

3 Comments so far 

  1. StrangaTheGreatonApril 7, 2012 12:45 am
    Fresh new Stranga The Great interview in WWS Magazine. I grinds out chea. http://t.co/a0lNmXk0
  2. SaintScarbzRecordzonApril 7, 2012 7:09 am
    Fresh new Stranga The Great interview in WWS Magazine. I grinds out chea. http://t.co/a0lNmXk0
  3. StrangaTheGreatonApril 10, 2012 3:49 am
    Check out Stranga The Great's latest hip hop interview in WWS Magazine. I'm on my way and I need your support to…http://t.co/6g1MqKUz
Name (required)
Email (required)
Website
Post Your Comment
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment