Monday, December 9, 2013

Hottie of the Week: Ja’Kani Tashmeka

Hottie of the Week: Ja’Kani Tashmeka

Ja'KaniBy Stranga The Great
Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer
Avid music video watchers should be very familiar with Ja’Kani Tashmeka. She is very appealing and has appeared in such videos as Chris Brown’s “Strip” and A$AP Ferg’s “Work (remix),” featuring ScHoolboy Q, French Montana, A$AP Rocky, and Trinidad James. Those who don’t take the time to scratch the surface only view Ja’Kani Tashmeka as a video vixen.
To avoid confusion, Ja’Kani Tashmeka is a video vixen and good at what she does, it’s just that videos is not all she does. On the other side of the coin, Ja’Kani Tashmeka is emerging as a go-to hairstylist. Ja’Kani Tashmeka is doing very well for herself with her unique hair designs and she has Los Angeles on lock.
Making herself known, Ja’Kani Tashmeka has made her way to Hip Hop Vibe as Hottie of the Week. During our interview, she detailed how she became the woman she is today doing both hair care and modeling. Ja’Kani Tashmeka is one of the sweetest people a person could ever hope to talk with.
Read the entire interview below:
What type of mind-state do you think it takes to be in the entertainment business? It all depends on the type of person you want to be and what you want to accomplish. Some girls who “model” do it for fame and attention with no real plan. Then, you have women like who use this business as a means to building their own brand/business. For those of us who have a plan, it’s all about confidence, putting God first and having a tough skin. It sounds easy but it’s all about perseverance.
When did you realize you were cut out for this type of work? To be honest, I never KNEW that I was cut out for it, I was just always drawn to it. No matter how much I would say “I quit, I quit”, God would always open another door.
You are well-known as a rising video vixen, but can you tell us more about your career as a stylist? I was practically raised in a salon. My mother is a cosmetologist and owned several salons, so growing up, I was always the “shampoo girl”/ assistant. (Laughs). I spent my time observing her and learning the craft, so when I was old enough to go to Cosmetology school myself, I did. I love doing hair. It’s something that came natural to me. Weaves and extensions are my specialty. But I do it ALL! and I continue to get better at it every day.
Hair care is a lucrative business, do you see yourself opening salons in the future, or being a traveling stylist? Of course. As of right now, I am a full-time traveling stylist servicing all of Los Angeles, and surrounding cities, to Arizona and Vegas. It is very lucrative, but it’s also very competitive. To keep me on my A-game, I study the latest techniques, styles and hair fashions. So far my hair business is taking off more than ever and within the next five years, I will definitely be the owner of my own salon.
How do you pull off being both a cosmetologist and a video vixen? Well, I just take it one day at a time. There’s been days when I’ve had several clients to do, but I would get called in for a big video shoot and I’m left decide which job to take. So, it can be hard to balance. But, my clients are aware I am a working model, so they are always understanding and even more proud to see their stylist hustle. So in all, it works.
You have done a lot of high-profile music videos, which one was the most memorable? Well, I would have to say Raheem DeVaugn’s “Love Connection.” My family is originally from DMV area, so to have worked with an artist putting on for our city, and me being the only chocolate eye-candy in the video, made my family and I very proud.
You’re in A$AP Ferg’s “Work” remix video with French Montana, ScHoolboy Q, Trinidad James, and A$AP Rocky, can you talk about the atmosphere on that set? Definitely something I would never forget. I remember hearing ASAP Ferg’s “Work” single for the first time and I couldn’t get enough of it! It was a different sound and the beat was HARD! (Laughs.) It easily became one of my favorite songs. I had no idea there was a remix, so when I got picked to be in the video, it was a great feeling. The whole vibe of the shoot was EPIC. Everyone was polite and professional, I was just proud to have put in WORK for one of my favorite songs.
“Work” and the remix really put A$AP Ferg on the map, how do you feel about his success? I am very excited for the future success of Ferg. He has a unique sound and great ear for music. I think the whole A$AP Mob crew are innovators in music for our generation, I will always be a huge supporter of the Mob.
What is coming up next for you, when is the next time we’ll be seeing that pretty face of yours? What’s next is simply building my brand as a HairStylist and working hard at mastering my craft. Modeling will always have a place in my heart and I believe putting on for dark-skinned beauties everywhere IS my position. It makes me so proud to hear dark skinned girls be proud of who they are again, and I’m just a small piece of a big puzzle. You will definitely see me not just in HIP-HOP videos but Rock and Pop videos in the very near future.
In the meantime, how can we connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram? Twitter is @OhSoViciousJak. Instagram is @OhSoViciousJak. My HairPage is @TouchedByJaKani. For all bookings, email OnlyJakani@gmail.com. My website is coming soon! Thanks so much for the interview! Much continued success to you.
See additional photos of Ja’Kani Tashmeka below:
Ja'Kani Tamesha 2Ja'Kani TameshaFollow Stranga The Great on Twitter @StrangaTheGreat.
Be Sociable, Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment